Training Opportunity – Young Journalist
Do you like to work as a reporter?
Now, KYA will conduct a series training course on ‘Young Journalist’ to 50 community based youth network members and young people. After training, young people have ability and capacity to express their idea through writing opinion, news, in-depth analysis, fact, and hot news.
Date and Venue:
– Every Saturday from 15 of March 2014
– 08:00 am to 11:30 am
Course 1: Social media (Four weeks)
o Google service
o Facebook and Ficklr
Course 2: Key Correspondent (Four weeks)
o Article writing/Fact/hot news/Opinion writing
o In-depth news and social analysis
o Video feature
o Public speaking
– Dr. Kem Ley, Social Development Analyst
– Mr. Or Kimsour, Firm Director and Professional Photographer
– Reporter from VOA, WMC, RFA, VOD
– Mr. Tong Soprach, Social analyst, Phnom Penh Post
– Members of Key Correspondent, Alliance
– Open Institute team
– Computer Laptop
– Digital camera
– SMART phone
– KYA members
– CYN members
– Age from 16 to 30 years old
– Time available
– Complete all assignments
– Gain more knowledge
– Get certification
– Gain more experiences
Training fee: Free of Charge
Register: Please send us your detail below via: KYA Head Office: N°. 135A, Street 259, SangkatToek La-akI, Khan Toulkok, Phnom Penh, Tel: +855 (023) 884 306 | Fax: +855 (023) 884 306. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Date of Birth:
– Why do you want to join this training course?
– Where do you wish to use this knowledge for?
Khmer Youth Association (KYA) is a humanitarian, non-political, non-governmental and non-partisan Cambodian youth organization founded in 1992. KYA is committed to working with and for youth for positive social change by improving and promoting youth participation on different social issues relevant to Cambodia. KYA strives towards an improved framework for respecting human rights, democracy, gender, health, and the empowerment of young people by the government and other stakeholders utilizing principles that encourage youth participation and recognize youth’s role and works.
• KYA works to promote and encourage young Cambodians participation in democratic and development processes in order to fight corruption and maintain sustainable peace in Cambodia
• Promote human rights, democracy, health and gender equality and sustainable development among young people
• Promote and improve vocational training and education for young people to have more skills and experiences to develop the nation
• Encourage youth participation in protection of the environment and national heritage, and increase cooperation with relevant institutions, national and international NGOs to promote youth policies
KYA Vision: Youth in Cambodia are educated, healthy and empowered as active citizens, whose voice is respected and valued as an essential contribution towards the Kingdom’s increasing social and economic prosperity.
KYA Mission: To enable youth in rural and urban areas to influence policies and take action on the key issues affecting their development in order that they may realize their full potential and contribute to a positive future for the Kingdom of Cambodia.