Housing Rights Task Force (HRFT) is a coalition of 13 NGO members. It was created in Phnom Penh in 2003 by a group of International and National NGOs and associations working to prevent forced evictions and promote the housing rights in Cambodia, wish to announce and seek a qualified Cambodian Applicant to fill the position of Legal Officer in Phnom Penh.
- Provides legal advice and support (both orally and in writing) on all substantive and procedural matters, in particular those related to judicial proceedings before the Court
- Undertakes legal research and analysis and provides legal input and analysis as requested
- Supports legal research undertaken by the different sections
- Advocate with government and other relevant institution on law, policy reforms
- Write the statement and press release related to existing law
- Coordinate and conduct the meeting with NGO members and partners for law analysis and advocate
- Encourage the development partners and government for adopting and enforcing the National Housing Policy
- Raise the lack of law enforcement to communities and relevant institutions
- At least Bachelor degree in law or Master degree in Law is preferable and proven work experience
- At least 2 years or more experience in law sector, preferably with NGO
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds, with appreciation of diversity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written, spoken and presentational communication skills
- Extensive experience in analyzing complex and novel legal issues and in developing innovative and creative solutions, reporting, etc.
- Excellent drafting skills and ability to prepare legal opinions and memoranda within short deadlines
- Fluent English essential or other languages are preferable
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and CV attached to the Secretariat Office at firstname.lastname@example.org .No later than 20 March 2013 before 5.00PM, for more information please contact: 060 314 676. Only short-list candidates will be contacted for writing test and interview; Female and evictee candidates are encouraged to apply due to Gender requirement.
Official Website of HRFT : www.hrtfcambodia.org