Urgent Job Vacancy
The committee for Free and Fair Elections in Cambodia (COMFREL) is a strong and enduring Cambodian NGO dedicated to providing an independent and non-partisan role in the formation and growth of Cambodian democracy. COMFREL has participated in the 1998, 2003, and 2008 National Assembly Elections and the 2002, 2007, and 2012 Commune Council Elections. COMFREL is recruiting a qualified Cambodian National based in Phnom Penh for the position of Monitoring Officer.
- Liaise with Governmental Institutions, National Assembly, National Election COmmittee (NEC), NGOs, Political Parties and Media.
- Help collect and analyze information obtained through primary or secondary data related to National Assembly, Royal Government, Political and Election affairs;
- Write report on Royal Government Plateform fulfillment, National Assembly Performances and election related issues;
- Conduct training on monitoring skills for COMFREL observers;
- Help organize workshop or forum
- Perform other tasks and assignments as needed;
- University degree in related field, perferably in Political Science, Journalism or Law;
- Minimum 2 years of experience most favor focused skills on report writing; experience in news writing is an advantage;
- Good commend of English both writing and speaking;
- Good knowledge of the Cambodian current affairs, as well as the media and election systems and political knowledge is an advantage;
- Demonstrated interest in Cambodian democratic process, politics and media issues;
- Computer skills and experience in MS Word, Excel, and Access is a plus;
- Experience and commitment to work under pressure;
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their curriculum vitae with cover letter to the below address or email. Female are encouraged to apply. For details, visit http://www.comfrel.org
COMFREL office: #138, St. 122, Toeuk Laak I, Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel : 023-884-150 / 023-883-967 or Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application in hard copy or email : no later than March 20, 2013 at 5PM.