URGENT – Volunteer Announcement
Committee for Free and Fair Elections in Cambodia (COMFREL) is a local NGO functioning nationwide since 1995.
COMFREL’ strategies are to dedicate contribution towards the promotion of democracy and democratic governance through elections, improved legal and institutional reform, and increased awareness for promoting accountability, transparency and popular participation. One of those is to get public support through media and campaign, in which COMFREL is focusing on vocal media, especially by running “Voice of Civil Society” radio programs.
COMFREL is urgently seeking 1 full-time volunteer to assist legal analysis of election regulation.
– 3 year in University and subject in Law
– Good knowledge of the Cambodian news, as well as political scenes; knowledge of election and political parties in Cambodia is a plus.
– Strong interest for the Cambodian democratic process and politics
– Knowledge of English is a plus
– Computer literate, MS. Words and Excel in particular.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Compile election information
– Assist to analyze the election information related to the Election Law.
– Assist to write report and article of legal analysis
– Be able to work on weekend when required
– Other tasks as required
Interested candidates should send only their CV and cover letter to COMFREL office #138, St. 122, Sangkat Teuk Laak I, Khan Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh, Tel: (023) 884 150 / (023) 883 967.
OR e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
With Subject: “Volunteer for Legal Analysis_COMFREL”
Deadline for summiting CV in hard copy: 5. 00pm, Friday, 30 November 2012.
Deadline for summiting CV by e-mail: 5.00 pm, Sunday, 02 December 2012.
Female Candidate is strongly encouraged to apply!