URGENT – Job Announcement
The Committee for Free and Fair Elections in Cambodia (COMFREL) is to create a strong permanent Cambodian NGO able to provide an independent, non-partisan professional role and influence for the continued enhancement of Cambodia democracy. COMFREL has participated in the 1998, 2003 and 2008 National Assembly Elections and the 2002, 2007 and 2012 commune council elections. COMFREL is recruiting one Cambodian national based in Phnom Penh for the position Education and Gender officer.
– Responsible for Gender project in COMFREL;
– Study and analyst on Gender issues;
– Developing manual and curriculum for women and gender program
– Assist in developing education materials for COMFREL;
– As master trainer for education and gender unit;
– Report writing on training or forum…;
– Assist in facilitate training, workshop and radio talk-back programs relevant women rights, women’s political participation, gender and democracy…;
– Cooperate with other organizations for improvement of education and gender activities;
– Translate from Khmer to English and English to Khmer;
– Monitoring and evaluation on programs;
– Perform other tasks and assignments as needed.
– University degree in related field, preferably in Education or Gender;
– At least two-year related work experience;
– Good command of trainer skills;
– Interested in issues of gender, elections, human rights, democracy, good governance, decentralization and women’s political participation;
– Have good understanding about NGOs work and good advocacy skills;
– Computer skills and experience in MS Word, Excel, and Power point is a plus;
– Good in Khmer writing and good in English writing and speaking.
Interested applicants are requested to submit only CV and cover letter with subject of application position to COMFREL Office using contact detail below no letter than 15 November 2012. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview. Female are highly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 15 November 2012
Contact address: #138, St. 122, Toeuk Laak I, Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh
Tel: (855) 23 884 150,