CC; The Cambodian Center for Human Rights (CCHR)
The Cambodian Center for Human Rights (CCHR) is a non-aligned, independent, non-governmental organization that works to promote and protect democracy and respect for human rights throughout Cambodia.
The CCHR is seeking applications from Cambodian candidates for a full time position of Project Intern based in Phnom Penh for a period of six months. The selected candidate will work closely with Trial Monitoring Project – a project which was set up to monitor trials in Cambodia to assess their adherence to international and Cambodian fair trial standards and to use the findings to facilitate increased respect for fair trial rights in Cambodia.
- Conducting trial monitoring when required;
- Following up the news related to potential cases and maintaining the copy in folder;
- Registering the trial monitoring data in database under the supervising of the Project Coordinator;
- Managing the filing of documents under the supervising of the Project Coordinator;
- Ensuring the TM checklists (version blanche) always available;
- Applying the organisation’s policies and maintaining the organisation’s resources.
- Recent university graduate or year-4 university student in law;
- Good command in English language—reading, writing and speaking;
- Interest in Human Rights and law field;
- Honest, hardworking and willing to learn;
- Have good communication and interpersonal skill;
- A computer skill including Microsoft Office, Internet and Email is preferable;
- No work experience is required;
- Receiving a small stipend on monthly basis;
- Working in friendly and multicultural environment;
- Improving knowledge on criminal law, national and international human rights laws;
- Getting familiar with database system.
Submission of applications:
Resume with recent photo and cover letter can be sent to our office: #798, street 99, Sangkat Boeung Trabek, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Tel: 023 726 901; or via email to email@example.com with the subject: TMP Intern.
DEADLINE: Friday, 22 June 2012, at 12:00 noon.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
CCHR gives priority to women and candidates with disadvantage family background.