URGENT – Job Announcement
Committee for Free and Fair Elections in Cambodia (COMFREL) is a local NGO functioning nationwide since 1995. COMFREL’ strategies are to dedicate contribution towards the promotion of democracy and democratic governance through elections, improved legal and institutional reform, and increased awareness for promoting accountability, transparency and popular participation. One of those is to get public support through media and campaign, in which COMFREL is focusing on vocal media, especially by running “Voice of Civil Society” radio programs.
COMFREL is urgently seeking a qualified Cambodian to fill a position of Media Officer based in Phnom Penh.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involve the advocacy and lobby activities;
- Involve and facilitate advocacy working group;
- Organize and facilitate radio programs of VoC
- Assist to facilitate the radio programs;
- Assist in writing press release and recommendation;
- Write report of program activities;
- Edit Khmer language document.
- Bachelor degree in Media (Press) or relevant fields.
- At least 2 years related work experience.
- Knowledge of election, human right, democracy, Gender, governance and decentralization.
- Good skill with Social media (Website, Facebook, twitter, blog, Skype, Flickr, etc).
- Good skill with Radio program.
- Ability to communicate effectively with government agencies, international organizations, and civil society organizations.
- Good understanding of NGOs work and good advocacy skills.
- Experience of team work.
- Good skill in computer program (Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.)
- Good writing and Speaking English and Khmer.
- Good Khmer edit.
Application Information (Announcement in PDF)
Qualified Candidates are invited to submit their Curriculum Vitae with cover letter to the below address or email. Only short listed candidate will be notified. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more details about COMFREL please visit www.comfrel.org
COMFREL Office: #138, St. 122, Sangkat Teuk Laak I, Khan Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Telephone : 023 884 150 / 023 883 967 (Administration Unit)
By E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: June 7, 2012